No updates to date.
Covid-19 Protocols for students
– If you are sneezing, coughing or have a fever, please do not come to school.
– Every day your temperature will be checked by Sister Tamocha and her team before you enter the gate.
– If your temperature is 37.4 degrees or higher, you will not be allowed to enter the school.
At home, in addition to packing your books and so on in preparation for school the following day, you are required to pack:
2. A small bottle of hand sanitizer
3. A personal water bottle
4. If you are a day student, bring a snack or pre-order from the Beanbag or Tuckshop.
– Remember to put on your mask before you leave home. If you forget your mask, one will be provided for you at the gate and will be charged to your account.
– Students will not be permitted to wear medical or PPE gloves
– Exam candidates go straight to the Exam Rooms and their temperatures (taken at the gate) are written down there.
– Your temperature will be taken when you arrive. Keep the reading to give to your first period teacher.
– Go directly to the room where you will have first period, no matter what time you arrive.
(Only if you arrive before 6.45, will you be allowed to wait in Maitisong until the classrooms open.)
– Observe social distancing at all times, including when walking/queuing outside.
– Pay attention to the social distancing markers.
– Do not touch other students or their possessions.
– Sanitise your hands on entry to the school and frequently throughout the day.
– You will not be permitted to use your lockers. Please take all your books and possessions home.
In the Classroom
– Hand sanitize on entering the room. There are sanitizers near the door in all our classrooms.
– You will be instructed when to clean your desk & chair, but may do so at the beginning of any lesson if you choose.
– Wear your mask at all times, unless the teacher sends you out for some solo time, when you can lower your mask.
– Make sure that there are at least 1.2 metres between you and the student next to you, in front of you and behind you.
– Do not share stationery.
– Do not share books.
– Do not share hand sanitizer.
– Teachers will allow you to use the toilet between all lessons to avoid congestion during break time.
– Classroom doors will be propped open for the entire day, so that door handles do not need to be used, and to ensure ventilation.
– If you show any cold or flu symptoms, your subject teachers will ask you to pack your books and report to the Clinic. The nurse will phone your parent/guardian to collect you if you are a day student.
The end of the lesson
– The teacher will instruct you to leave row-by-row, to ensure distancing.
– Do not hug your friends.
– Make sure that you are standing/sitting at least 1 metre away from your friends.
– Do not share your food and drinks. Not even from water bottle tops.
– No eating in the classrooms. You need the fresh air!
– Keep your mask on except when you are eating/drinking.
– No football or basketball during break.
– Only Boarders will be allowed to have snacks and lunch in the dining hall.
The Tuckshop and Bean Bag will offer pre-ordered snacks to Day Students. Pre-orders are collected on the Maitisong side and the other side is used for purchases. They also deliver pre-orders to the North West exam area. The Tuckshop and Beanbag will manage lines to ensure social distancing. You must observe the marks which indicate spacing.
– Duty teachers will monitor social distancing during break
– When the Warning Bell rings, go to your classroom. Hand sanitise on entering, as always.
The lesson after Break
– Sanitize your hands, as always
– Your subject teacher will spray disinfectant on your desk and chair.
– He/She will give you a sheet of paper towel to wipe your desk and chair.
– He/She will bring a bin to you to throw away the paper towel.
The end of the school day/ waiting for transport.
– Again, remind yourself about keeping a 1.2 metre space between yourself and other students in the Walkway.
– Keep your mask on.
– Please note that you must leave the campus by 1.15pm unless you have period 7.
– There are no SPEs this term.
When you get home
– Wash your hands.
– Wash your mask.
– Put your school clothes in the wash.
– Be sure to sort out you books for the following day in good time.
Please note that a student with COVID-19 or flu like symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat) should remain at home and contact DHMT office on 3188013/3968008 as set out in the guidelines from the Ministry of Health and Wellness.
We would like to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to keep your children safe. Please continue to observe COVID-19 protocols. Remember, where applicable, to email your child’s negative COVID-19 test
results to the school nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org for record keeping.